Friday, November 28, 2008
(The title does not refer to the state of students in BITS at the time of Compre Exams)
Answer: Quoting nishansolo,
"This is MAD mag's response to PC being named as The Man of the Year, by Time mag."
Cracked by nishansolo, Johny Walker and Ajay Parasuraman.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Connect is the Zoological Society of London
1)Winnie the Poohs creator A A Milne got the idea from the bear at ZSL after his nephew was fascinated by it
2)WWF used the logo of a panda inspired by the Chi-Chi, the panda in ZSL
3)Sir Stafford Raffles established ZSL
4)In the HP-1 movie, the snake scene was shot in the reptile house of ZSL
Monday, November 17, 2008
OK, this one's pretty easy. Connect the three.
No answers? The connect is actually The World Bank. The woman in the first pic is Shaha Riza, whose notorious affair with Paul Wolfowitz led to the latter's resignation as World Bank Head. The building is the Mt Washington Hotel at Bretton Woods, where the conference to institute the Bank was held after World War II (The recent G-20 meeting is known as Bretton Woods II). The last pic is of Robert Zoellick, the current Head.
Monday, November 10, 2008
I posted the answer days ago, but it seems not to have uploaded.
The connect is George W. Bush's pets...
- The painting is of Ophelia, as all the comments have pointed out. Ofelia is Dubya's cow, who he keeps in his Crawford ranch.
- Barney is his Scottish terrier.
- India "Willie" is his cat.
- Mrs Beazley is his other Scottish terrier (sorry, but you just can't get pics of the chef from Riverdale High any more, and the only other I know of is a character in America by Franz Kafka)
- Spot Fetcher is his English Springer Spaniel, and the other second generation presidential animal in the White House (His mom lived there during Big George's term)
2.He was born in Idar-Oberstein, Germany to an American father and a German mother. After graduating high school, he farmed sheep in a mining village in Alabama, and later transported work crews at the DuPont Chambers Works factory in Deepwater, New Jersey. He decided to quit after a colleague was killed on the job, and thereafter became a regular at several bars. He also discovered an innate knack for playing harmonica and joined a R&B band called Loose Goose. After a stint as a private investigator, he returned to his original passion of acting. He enrolled in the drama program at Montclair State University, where he was cast in the class production of “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”. Which well known actor are we talking about?
1. Jefferson Airplane
2. Bruce Willis
Both cracked by adi and karan and one of them by stryker.