The Quiz Club at BITS Pilani, Goa campus was started to get together like minded individuals
with a passion for trivia and quizzing in general.
We plan on putting up several questions and details about quizzes taking place.
As our tagline puts it, when you aren't able to crack an answer,then do what any self respecting quizzer would do and say 'Aiyo! I almost
knew this one!'
Thursday, August 13, 2009
96:The dream of every cartographer...
Connect...and explain the connect...
P.S - Pls click on the last pic to enlarge it if it isn't visible in its present form...
The connect is Magellan.
1. The Magellan probe which landed on Venus
2. The Small Magellanic Cloud along with the Large Magellanic Cloud(not in pic) which have been named after Magellan.
3. Strait of Magellan discovered by Ferdinand Magellan
4. Magellan Explorer - a dual pane file manager that can be used in conjunction with Windows Explorer.
5. The International Date Line - which become a necessity to invent after Magellan's expedition around the world.